002-1 Field Assistant
|Job title:||002-1 Field Assistant|
|Industry:||Agriculture & Aquaculture|
|Salary||$31 - $34 per hour|
|Contact name:||Cassandra Russell|
AWX services Australia with the supply of contract staff, permanent recruitment, casual and total workforce administration. AWX employ quality people, partner industry leaders, develop growing and sustainable workforce solutions and manage ongoing relationships with our industry partners.
About the Roles
AWX are seeking highly motivated and Experienced Field Assistants for work with our client as part of the Tropical Weeds Eradication Program in South Johnstone. Candidates must be Local to the South Johnstone area and able to undertake and complete task associated with surveillance and treatment of invasive species as directed and in accordance with operating procedures, collect data accurately, record & collate information correctly using standard online forms & a global positioning system (GPS) Device.
You need to have the ability to commence immediately. A main requirement is for people who fit our culture with a positive "CAN DO" attitude and be self-motivated.
• Current C class Drivers Licence
• Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
• Must live in South Johnstone local area
• Full pre-employment medical, drug screen and police check - at own cost
• Previous experience in and physical capability to undertake outdoor field surveillance work including walking on uneven terrain and slopes in ALL tropical weather conditions carry up to 15kg of PPE
• Machete use
• Experience in GPS and data collection apps
• Availability to work Monday to Friday from 6am - typically 38hrs a week
• Own PPE including long sleeve high vis, steel capped boots and safety glasses
• Ability to maintain a physically demanding role.
• Ability to work long hours
• A quick learner who can think on their feet
• Reliable and flexible
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work unsupervised and with others
Please only apply if you have the above mentioned Role and Personal requirements. Due to the high volume of applications received only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted.
People love working with AWX because we provide a safe and flexible working environment for both new and experienced workers.
A team environment that will allow you room to grow and develop new skills. In a growing and busy market place, our clients will have permanent roles for great workers who want to impress.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to send your resume and cover letter.
You can also contact Cairns on 0428 749 176 for further information!
****Any applications received without a resume will not be considered or contacted****