Civil Maintenance Supervisor
|Job title:||Civil Maintenance Supervisor|
|Industry:||Construction & Civil Construction|
|Contact name:||Tyson Zoch|
About the company
AWX services Australia with the supply of contract staff, permanent recruitment and total workforce solutions.
About the role
This is a three month contract, with the possibility of an extension. Submissions close 25th February 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Civil Marine Assets, the Civil Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for on-site supervision as required facilitating construction compliance with designs, specifications and industry best practice.
The role encompasses managing the Building and Site Services Contractors including but not limited to cost management, scope management, variation, safety and quality control management, performance monitoring and reporting as well as supervising contractors on site.
- Manage Building and Site Services Contractors including but not limited to:
- Preparation of scopes of work for inspections and actual repair and implementation.
- Review current inspection report and asset register.
- Assess reactive maintenance requirements and any safety issues.
- Work with asset owners (Property, Port Operations) to ensure works aligned with the Corporate plan.
- Facilitate and coordinate site and safety inductions and permits for contractor's staff and monitor compliance as required by Safety Management Plans and all statutory requirements.
- Coordinate, prepare, implement and review Risk Management Plans and Job Safety Analysis preparation prior to work commencement.
- Update asset register with works completed and condition change.
- Coordinate document control, material procurement, warehousing and testing to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Liaise with the contractors and customers on behalf of the Fremantle Ports.
- Participate in regular (weekly) facilities Service team meetings in order to plan and review work progress.
- Assist Project Management Team with the preparation of maintenance projects budget and work schedules.
- Promotes, encourages, plans and implements sound Human Resource Management practices including resolution of grievances and industrial issues.
- Monitors and manages the safety performance of all directly reporting workers and contractors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Trade qualifications in Civil, Building or Construction discipline or extensive relevant experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Building, Construction or related engineering discipline
- Project Supervision and Contract Administration skills
- Experience in, buildings, road and water services maintenance.
- Demonstrated coordination and supervisory skills with experience in managing in an industrial environment including knowledge of Equal Opportunity principals.
- Experience in formulating maintenance/construction scopes of works, specifications, scheduling
- Experience in formulating, implementing and managing construction methods and budget estimates
- Good written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of statutory legislation and regulations relating to construction and maintenance
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Health Safety &Welfare Act/Regulations and demonstrated ability to implement and ensure a safe work environment.
- Possess current 'C' or 'CA' class drivers licence
- Good computer skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Building, Construction, or related engineering discipline with a builder's licence under the provisions of the Builders Registration Act
- Knowledge of Quality Management and Continuous Improvement Principles
- Qualifications in Contract Administration and/or Project Management.
- Experience in wharf maintenance
- Experience in Engineering Surveying
- Knowledge of Mines Safety and Inspection Act/Regulations and their associated Codes of Practice, Guidance Notes and Australian Standards.
People love working with AWX because we provide a safe and flexible working environment.
A team environment that will allow you room to grow and develop new skills. The client is a great company that will have permanent roles for great workers who want to impress.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to send your resume, being sure to outline your relevant experience.
Successful applicants only will be contacted.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C