|Job title:||Field Assistant|
|Industry:||Agriculture & Aquaculture|
|Salary||$30.51 per hour|
|Contact name:||Rachael Voss|
AWX services Australia with the supply of contract staff, permanent recruitment, and total workforce administration. AWX employ quality people, partner industry, develop growing and sustainable workforce solutions and manage ongoing relationships with our industry partners.
About the role
AWX are seeking Field Assistants to work in an outdoor environment and aid in the eradication of invasive plants and animals. Working a 9-day fortnight. You will cover different areas and terrains. Based out of a Depot West of Ipswich
Your role will include, but not be limited to-
- Conducting field duties for most of each working day that involves:
- Working in various geographical locations, settings, and terrains (e.g. Parkland, bushland, residential, rural, flat to steep sloping and/or uneven ground and public infrastructure);
- Walking considerable distances (e.g. Up to approximately 15 kilometres a day);
- Being exposed to the various outdoor temperature ranges and climatic conditions experienced in south-east Queensland.
- Transferring between Surveillance and Treatment teams as required.
- Working with a range of chemical-based ant baits, when conducting treatment activities. This includes using a hand driven bait spreader.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external clients to provide responsive, accurate and relevant information and services (Customer Focus)
- Works effectively in a team environment and exercises tact, diplomacy and discretion when required (Interpersonal Savvy)
- Uses initiative to respond to challenges in a pressured and changing environment (Action Oriented)
- MUST have the ability to work through varied conditions for long periods of time
- MUST have a valid drivers' licence
- MUST have construction White Card or Blue Card
- Ability to pass functionality and drug test.
Culture and Benefits
People love working with our clients because they provide a safe and flexible working environment for everyone that works with their business. They will provide a team environment that will allow you room to grow and develop new skills.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to send your resume and cover letter. Please note, this is NOT an entry level position. Only experienced applicants need apply
**ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED**
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C