|Industry:||FMCG & Food Processing|
|Salary||$26 - $27 per hour, Benefits: Consisent work|
|Contact name:||Samantha Akam|
AWX services Australia with the supply of contract staff, permanent recruitment and total workforce administration. AWX employ quality people, partner industry, develop growing and sustainable workforce solutions and manage ongoing relationships with our industry partners.
About the Opportunity
AWX are currently recruiting for experienced Knife hand to assist in our client's production kitchen
The opportunity will involve assisting in the preparation of fruits and vegetables, eg. slicing, trimming chopping and dicing, as well as the cut, measure and weigh of a wide variety of ingredients including some meat products. This position is in a commercial kitchen and will involve the operation of machinery as well as portioning out ingredients into containers.
This position will provide the right casuals with consistent, ongoing work in a team environment with a reputable business in Sydney's Western Suburbs. This role is ideal for someone who is flexible on their working hours as the start times may vary from a midnight start to a 5:30am start.
This role could be seen as quiet physically demanding as it will require some lifting and repetitive movements.
Responsibilities/Duties include but not limited to:
- Working effectively with kitchen team and complying with the company procedures and food safety policies;
- Prepare workstation with required ingredients and equipment and keep station organised and sanitary at all times;
- Weigh or measure ingredients
- Portioning ingredients into containers
- Mix ingredients for salads;
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage;
- Keeping utensils and equipment clean and sanitary;
Successful Applicants will have:
- Proficient knife-handling skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good with quality and quantity control
- Basic mathematical skills
- Flexibility with shift start times, they can vary anywhere from a midnight start up until a 5.30am start