|Job title:||Project Engineer|
|Industry:||Engineering & Industrial|
|Salary||AU$45 - AU$70 per hour|
|Contact name:||Tyson Zoch|
About the company
AWX services Australia with the supply of contract staff, permanent recruitment and total workforce solutions.
About the role
Are you an experienced Project Engineer who is looking for their next big project? We have two opportunities available for suitably qualified and experience candidates on a 12 month contract. In this role you will be responsible for the study, planning, budgets and execution and delivery of projects.
- Assist the Project Management Office to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project stakeholders to provide assistance and technical support.
- Assist with the preparation of scopes of work and specifications for tender and construction purposes including preliminary site inspection and work feasibility assessment.
- Manage technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
- Schedule and estimation preparation.
- Pre-planning and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities relating to the project.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel's performance) and report regularly on project status
- Attend safety meetings and ensure HSE plans are developed, implemented and supported.
- Understand the scope of works or task, the contract in its entirety and contractual time commitments. Ensure contracts and supplier agreements are understood prior to commencement.
- Each month process claims on time to ensure prompt payment and ensure the projects financial position is understood and reported accurately.
- Ensure registers for risk and opportunity, quality, variations and delays are accurate and up to date.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- On-site construction management and contractor coordination and supervision as required.
- Assisting with the coordination and implementation of the contractors Project Management Plan, Quality Management Plan and Health, Safety & Environmental Management Plan.
- Monitor and report projects' progress to the Project Manager, against the established project plans and targets.
- Collating and validating relevant Project quality, environmental and safety reporting information.
- Coordinate, prepare, implement and review Permits, Risk Management Plans and Job Safety Analysis prior to work commencement.
- Coordinate works and liaise with contractors and customers to ensure maintenance and project works do not unnecessarily interfere with the Port or customer operations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualification in engineering or construction management.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Project Engineer.
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Strong field management experience and supervisory skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
Technical, Professional and Specialist Skills:
- Experience in major projects providing project management services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, use initiative and is a self-starter.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to send your resume and cover letter in. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.