Project Systems Rep/Graduate Engineer - Civil
|Job title:||Project Systems Rep/Graduate Engineer - Civil|
|Location:||Sunshine Coast, Queensland|
|Industry:||Construction & Civil Construction|
|Salary||AU$34 - AU$37 per hour|
|Reference:||600 Civil Graduate _1612233385|
|Contact name:||Sunshine Coast Team|
About the company
AWX services Australia with the supply of contract staff, permanent recruitment and total workforce solutions.
Post Graduate Position - Project Systems Rep
We are seeking a recent graduate or qualified person in Civil Engineering who is looking to progress and build a career in Civil Construction & Roadwork industries.
This candidate would have strong interests in project management/engineering with ambitions to build a career in civil works, being eager to learn new skills while at the same time applying current skills to successfully perform in an operational role.
The role will require high amounts of communication both face to face and over the phone, an outgoing personailty will be crucial in developing and maintaining internal and contractor relations.
If you are a recent graduate looking to forge a career in civil construction this role presents a great opportunity to enter the industry and work alongside experienced project managers who will provide mentoring and support.
Previous candidates to this role have been succesful in obtaining permanent full-time positions and the same opportunity will be available for succesful candidates who excel.
Duties for this role will include (but not be limited to):
- Assist in the preparation of safety, quality, environment and traffic management sections of the project plan;
- Assist in the regular reviewing and updating of safety, quality, environmental and traffic management plans;
- Establish and maintain project filing systems in consultation with Project Managers and Systems Coordinator;
- Demonstrated capability to acquire knowledge of Main Roads specifications and procedures;
- Carry out document control for all site documents in consultation with Systems Coordinator;
- Carry out site inductions as directed for all persons onsite and ensure maintenance of the induction register;
- Liaise with material suppliers and subcontractors when required to ensure products provided for works meet required standards and that rectification work is carried out as required;
- Ensure all relevant plant and equipment checks are carried out and records are maintained and stored with project records;
- Organise testing and inspecting of materials to ensure product is compliant with standards and report outcome to the Project manager;
- Develop required skills to maintain project systems and related records (Civil Pro, AMMS) to ensure lot data is valid;
- Provide reports as required to Project Managers/ Systems Coordinators/ Environmental staff and Workplace Health and Safety Advisors;
- Ensure monthly Environmental, traffic management and safety inspections are completed and reports submitted to the Project Manager;
- Assist the Project Manager and Environmental Officer in the management of environmental incidents;
- Assist the Project Manager in implementing the Environmental, Traffic, and Safety Management Plans by undertaking the responsibilities assigned in the plans;
- Ensure the Daily Signage logs and records are maintained for project work;
- Ensure equipment is calibrated correctly to meet quality standards, and records are maintained;
- Assist with completion of project diary;
- Ensure all Safety Observation and Safety Inspection findings/ recommendations as assigned and actions undertaken to close out or improve;
- Proactively liaise and communicate with the Systems Coordinator in relation to day to day requirements and improvements to systems, to ensure uniformity across the business;
- Actively participate and contribute in daily pre-start, project team meetings and other nominated meetings as required;
- Accept responsibility for assigned work activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all are encouraged to apply for this role.
People love working with AWX because we provide a safe and flexible working environment.
A team environment that will allow you room to grow and develop new skills. The client is a great company that will have permanent roles for great workers who want to impress.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to send your resume and cover letter in. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Only applications with relevant experience and qualifications will be considered.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C