Road Lighting Contractor
|Job title:||Road Lighting Contractor|
|Industry:||Trades & Services|
|Salary||AU$48 - AU$52 per hour|
|Contact name:||Candace Telfer Cox|
Xecutive Recruitment provides mid to senior level executive staffing and recruitment solutions across the Government, Construction, Food, Engineering and Industrial industries. Our brand was established from the core competency of the AWX Group Company; employing quality people, partnering industry, developing and growing sustainable workforce's and managing ongoing relationships with our industry partners.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the operation of street lights that are either owned by Council or Energex. This includes regular inspections, maintenance programs, investigate requests for public lighting compliance, maintain lighting electrical reticulation, implement appropriate lighting solutions as well as investigating and resolving customer complaints such as spill light.
- Extensive skills and knowledge of the principles and practices of road lighting as contained in the AS/NZS 1158 for road lighting (P Category and V Category).
- Extensive skills and knowledge of the principles of obtrusive light as contained in AS/NZS 4282.
- Proven ability to inspect and assess lighting requests and implement appropriate compliant road lighting solutions.
- Knowledge of and experience with lighting software.
- Strongly developed verbal and written communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with, and influence groups and individuals at all levels in the organisation including external customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate, plan and efficiently implement public lighting maintenance work programs with limited supervision in a team environment.
- Able to contribute to team direction, give and receive feedback and achieve agreed performance standards to contribute to a culture of performance excellence.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills with a proven ability to manage competing priorities to meet tight deadlines and deliver quality service standards.
- Possession of a recognised qualification within the lighting field
- Professional membership from the Illuminating Engineering Society of Australia & New Zealand (minimum Member grade) or equivalent.
- Queensland Open drivers' licence.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply via the link by submitting your resume and addressing the position
Xecutive Recruitment an equal opportunity employer. One of the core values of the company is to treat people equally, fairly, and with respect.