Senior Aquatic Ecologist
|Job title:||Senior Aquatic Ecologist|
|Industry:||Agriculture & Aquaculture|
|Salary||AU$56.22 - AU$59.01 per hour|
|Contact name:||Candace Telfer Cox|
Opportunity to work with a highly reputable local government organisation based in Brisbane.
Xecutive Recruitment provides mid to senior level executive staffing and recruitment solutions across the Government, Construction, Food, Engineering and Industrial industries. Our brand was established from the core competency of the AWX Group Company; employing quality people, partnering industry, developing and growing sustainable work forces and managing ongoing relationships with our industry partners.
The Water Management Unit, City Projects Office, requires a qualified scientist with a specific focus on aquatic ecology to allow the Water Management team to support and deliver NEWS program projects on waterway health, species management, fish passage, water quality monitoring and assessment.
The role requires specific skills and knowledge of aquatic biology and ecology, water chemistry, habitat and riparian restoration, geomorphology and environmental planning.
- Manage, coordinate and undertake a variety of waterway monitoring & rehabilitation projects utilising appropriate technical expertise and management skills to ensure completion to agreed time, cost and quality objectives.
- Assist in the coordination and management of resources for multiple waterway projects to ensure optimum utilisation of the Section's resources and provide expert or specialist advice, where necessary, in order to ensure project outcomes meet customer's expectations, policies and goals and to ensure appropriate application of technology.
- Assist in the preparation of fee proposals for Brisbane's waterways, utilising high level technical skills and knowledge of integrated water cycle management, storm-water quality and quantity monitoring and management and waterway health assessment, enhancement and prioritisation.
- Ensure technical and financial aspects of contracts are adhered to and negotiate with customers where necessary in order to ensure that projects are completed on time and within contractual conditions.
- Interpret and apply relevant legislation and guidelines to ensure work is completed according to legal obligations and consistent with Council policies.
- Broad experience in applying best practice in ecological and environmental planning principles.
- Experience in scientific methods and procedure, including sampling design, data collection, data analysis and reporting and quality control procedures.
- Experience in project management, including managing budgets and time-lines, liaising with clients and managing contractors.
- A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Aquatic Ecology, Fisheries Biology, Groundwater Management, Applied Science, Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering).
- Maintain an awareness of, and provide leadership in the implementation of new technology as appropriate, in order to ensure efficient and effective project delivery, maintain the Section's leading edge position in urban water systems and waterway health, and support the strategic and branch goals of Planning & Design, City Projects Office.
- Possession of a current 'C' class drivers' licence & will pass a criminal history check.
- A post graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Aquatic Ecology, Fisheries Biology, Geomorphology, Groundwater Management, Applied Science, Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering).
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS or similar.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply via the link by submitting your resume addressing the position.
Xecutive Recruitment an equal opportunity employer. One of the core values of the company is to treat people equally, fairly, and with respect.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C