Senior Project Officer
|Job title:||Senior Project Officer|
|Location:||Sunshine Coast, Queensland|
|Industry:||Manufacturing & Distribution|
|Salary||AU$65 - AU$66 per hour + + Super|
|Contact name:||Tyson Zoch|
About the company
AWX services Australia with the supply of contract staff, permanent recruitment and total workforce solutions.
About the role
We have a unique opportunity available for a Senior Project Officer based on the Sunshine Coast. This role will be a 12 month casual contract with opportunity for extension for a suitable candidate, and an attractive hourly rate is on offer!
If you are suitably qualified and experienced as detailed below, please apply today!
In the role you will contribute to the planning, development, and implementation phases of the nominated transport operations project/s through the provision of technical expertise, project management experience and the administration of contracts to ensure completion in accordance with required time-frames, cost, quality, and service standards. The role supports the region's planning, preparation, response and management of disruptive events.
As part of this position you will be required to undertake the following roles:
- Network Optimisation - The Network Optimisation team is responsible for the optimum day to day performance of the arterial road and motorway network using systems and technologies.
- Traffic Engineering Practice- is responsible for ensuring traffic engineering expertise is applied to the management and operation of the road network to maximise safety and efficiency for all road users.
- ITS/Electrical and Special Infrastructure - is responsible for building and maintaining the Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and electrical infrastructure items used to manage the road network.
- Network Management - is responsible for traffic management centre operations, disruptive event readiness and network performance. This includes the application and use of systems and technologies and the active management of traffic and network incidents including information to the travelling public.
Accountabilities for this role include:
- Create and implement road operations practices for Operation's staff, as well as support real-time traffic operations as required.
- Develop and contribute to strategies to ensure the safe and efficient traffic flow on the road network, reducing the effects of congestion during incidents and planned events such as effective network management and response action plans.
- Develop specialised flood management solutions and project management skills to prepare the region's response and management of disruptive events such as flooding.
- Contribute to concept planning, project design, development, and implementation phases of the project/s in close liaison with advisors and other key stakeholders.
- Identify and recommend the necessary internal and external expertise to deliver project requirements, including advising on the selection, engagement, and procurement of contracts.
- Prepare and deliver submissions and reports relating to planning and technical issues, and identify appropriate mitigation strategies to overcome problems or obstacles related to the project/s.
- Investigate and resolve complex issues associated with projects to improve overall performance and ensure value for money.
- Contribute to consultation activities and ensure that effective liaison is undertaken with community, local governments, and other major stakeholders such as emergency services.
- Commitment to ensuring compliance with corporate governance obligations, standards, legislation and policies including Workplace Health & Safety Policy of achieving a Zero Harm workplace
Applications for this position close 10th June 2021.
People love working with AWX because we provide a safe and flexible working environment.
A team environment that will allow you room to grow and develop new skills. The client is a great company that will have genuine permanent roles for great workers who want to impress.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to send your resume and cover letter in. Please ensure your resume lists a comprehensive work history including functions or roles performed. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C