Work Health & Safety Advisor
|Job title:||Work Health & Safety Advisor|
|Location:||Southern Suburbs Perth, Western Australia|
|Industry:||Construction & Civil Construction|
|Contact name:||Tyson Zoch|
About the company
AWX services Australia with the supply of contract staff, permanent recruitment and total workforce solutions.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Work Health and Safety Advisor. Based in Fremantle, this position is for an immediate start and would be suited to a qualified or experienced WHS advisor. The contract will run for up to 12 months and works will be Monday-Friday for approx 40hrs per week.
This client pays above market rates!
- Coordinate implementation of the companies WHS Strategy 2020-2023.
- Support and coordinate the activities of the WHS Strategy working group.
- Produce routine and ad hoc reports, briefings and updates on the progress of implementation of the WHS strategy.
- Develop and deliver WHS strategy related communications.
- Develop and deliver WHS information and training material.
- Tertiary WHA qualification / able to demonstrate an equivalent level of WHS management knowledge / expertise
- Experience as a WHS/HSE Advisor in the Australian resource sector
- Experience managing or coordinating multifaceted projects
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment / able to demonstrate on equivalent level of capability
- Hold or eligible to hold an MSIC
Technical Skills / Experience:
- Able to demonstrate sound working knowledge of WA's new WHS Act 2020
- Able to demonstrate sound working knowledge of WA's Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994 and Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984
- Able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of the implementation and use of AS/NZS ISO 45001
How to Apply
Click APPLY to send your resume and cover letter in. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.